Accountability in the news
Recent blogs on the GEM Report’s World Education Blog related to Accountability in Education
This page is regularly updated with news stories from around the world related to some of the themes in the forthcoming 2017 GEM Report on Accountability in Education. The articles below are listed in the language in which they were published.
- Namibia: Private Colleges Urged to Work With Govt OHANGWENA education director Isak Hamatwi has called on private education providers and schools to join government in ensuring the roll- out of quality education
- Uganda: Government in Shs53 Billion Student Registration Exercise Primary Education State Minister Rosemary Ssenninde (NRM, Wakiso) has announced government’s move to register all pupils across the country, in a move she said will weed out ghosts.
- Malawi: Education Minister Says Govt to Close Down ‘Substandard’ Schools: Minister of Education Science and Technology Dr. Emanuel Fabiano has warned that all operators of Primary, Secondary schools and institutions of higher learning will not hesitate to close them down if they do not meet the required set standards
- Is cheating a norm in Ethiopia? Following up on Ethiopia’s exam awkwardness:
- Kenya: State to Take Over School Feeding Scheme From January The government will take charge of school feeding programmes from January. Read more »
- Vietnam urges for more autonomy for schools
- Is Test-Based Accountability Dead?
- Positive, Not Punitive, Classroom Management Tips. In many cases, positive classroom management strategies last longer and foster deeper learning than punitive discpline.
- Is more choice always a good thing? by Andreas Schleicher
- Perú | Evaluación de desempeño docente: 6,000 maestros de inicial serán examinados este año
- Colombia: el país donde la educación no es un derecho
- Colombia | ¿Cómo se evalúa a los maestros? El año pasado cambió la evaluación docente. Semana Educación le explica en qué consiste el nuevo sistema y hace un balance.
- Argentina | Iniciativa plural para monitorear el estado de la educación
- Bridge opens fourteen new schools in Nigeria and joins new partnership with government